Subject: Re: Bitmap problem
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 12:00:23 +0100

Date sent: 15-AUG-1994 

>> I've had EXACTLY the same problem. I can use 1,2,3,4,5 or 7 bitplanes, but not
>> 6! I discovered this when trying to use the *BLIT commands. It seems that
>> Mark (or whoever wrote the displaylibs) is still using the trick of
>> 6 bitplanes + no HAM = EHB. It works in OCS and ECS, but not on AGA :(
>> NOTE: This is only an educated GUESS. If anyone knows better (or how to get
>> around this) please let us 64-colour users know :)
>
>I managed to display 64 colour (6 plane) pic but the palette was 
>wrong???
>Someone in list told that his game uses 64 colour (AGA - not 
>EHB) slice and
>it works OK. May be U can explain how U init your coplist as I think 
>there's the problem. Thanx!

Our game uses a 64 colour picture on a 8 bitplane display.  No matter what I
did for the in game stuff, though, I could not get the screen to display
properly in 6 bitplanes.  The palette was corrupted, the only solution I came
up with was to increase the depth to 7 or decrease to 5.

Maybe this is a problem for ACID (or whoever understands the display library
;-)) to look at.

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images| Gripes : My map editor's a bit buggy |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project  : BlitzBombers AGA  |
|                                    | [##############################::::] |
|      >>> HANG-FIRE <<<             | Current Project  : RI Libs v???      |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|  Help me:ANIM8 file format please! | Current Project  : RI Map Editor v1.1|
|  [email-masked]     | [##############################BUGS] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/